Telepresence Robot with Mixed Reality
In this project we are building a prototype of mixed reality robotic platform that can be used in both home and office environments to make people live and work easier. It consists of the following core components:
- A telepresence robot that is also capable of autonomous space recognition and movement.
- Cloud based artificial intelligence for decision making
- Voice, image and gesture based interface
- Integration with IFTTT, smart home and various other smart platform and services
- Social VR/AR integrated use cases
Modeling and 3D printing for Medical Surgery
Medical scan images for anatomic structures are usually in DICOM format. We use the Osirix software to convert high quality CT scan DICOM medical images to standard CAD file format (e.g., STL) and produce individualized patient organ prototypes using 3D printing. The models are further used to create medical applications in virtual reality and augmented reality environments. Both the 3D printing and mixed reality models are expected to help the surgeon and patients better understand related healthcare procedures and facilitate critical medical decisions.